4.17.2011

Raise the Roof

Our house got a facelift this weekend. We got a new roof!! About a month or two ago, we had a door-to-door salesman stop by asking if he could check out our roof to see if we had hail damage. If we did, then we could claim it to the insurance and maybe get it repaired for free. I would have just turned him away, but Jamie was willing to listen to him. I'm SO glad he did now.
Long story short - our roof was a "total loss" and so we got new shingles (almost) for free - I think we're paying $70 out of pocket. !!?

A few days ago, we woke up to them delivering our shingles...



The house before:



during...




and after:
(this shot doesn't really show the difference - it's darker than what we had before - more of a slate color)

I am very pleased with how it turned out. I'm especially thankful that we have raised the value of our home considerably and we didn't have to pay for it. Thank you Lord!!

No comments: