7.09.2009

back at it

Well, today is my 2nd day back to work. I thought I would cry when I left the house yesterday, but I didn't. I had already had my meltdown last week.
Everyone at work is glad to have me back. And to be honest, I am glad to be back too.
I just hate that I am at work and Jamie is at home taking care of Breeson. I know it's Jamie's desire to be back in the work force and not be a stay-at-home dad. (Although, he takes GREAT care of our son). We continue to pray on a daily basis for God to open up a door for Jamie. We know that God promises to watch over His children - and He has. His provision over the last few months has caused us to fall to our knees in gratitude on several occasions.
At the same time, we try and look at this situation as a wonderful opportunity that most dad's would not usually get - to spend so much time with their son. I just feel bad when I call home while I'm at work and I hear a screaming baby in the background. :( My poor husband!!!

As for Breeson...yesterday was also big day for him. He went to full bottle (during the day). I am going to only breastfeed him at night. The reason we're doing it is b/c with me working, we can't have him be dependent on breasfeeding. And he is still giving us a hard time in taking the bottle. So instead of going back and forth so much, we felt it would be best to stick to a "routine". :) So from now on, he'll pretty much be on the bottle from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
So needless to say, yesterday was hard emotionally and physically. For the first two feedings, it took over an hour (almost an hour and a half) for him to finally give in and take the bottle. No fun when he's crying and screaming the entire time.

No comments: