7.18.2009

I'm not holding my breath...

Last night was the 3rd night for putting Breeson to bed without rocking/holding him to sleep. 3rd time must be the charm because he didn't cry at all!!! I was in total disbelief. I kept going in there and waiting on it, but it never happened. He "talked" to himself for a little while and then he was out. Now, I'm not going to hold my breath on this and assume this will happen every night, but it was really good to see some progress. One day at a time, one day at a time....
Praise God - that's all I can say!!

Yesterday, I caught this on video. Breeson's been "talking" more and more lately. It's been fun to hear him. For some reason, he talks more when he's laying on his changing table then anywhere else. He can be happy as a lark laying on there getting his diaper changed, but then you move him and he changes moods. Weird child.

4 comments:

The Boccias said...

SO CUTE. Sophie was the same way on her changing pad--she'd be so happy we'd just stay that way for a long time! And good job on getting yourself to sleep, little man! Hope he keeps it up.

Michele said...

Glad it is going well for you. I am with you on the 'not holding your breathe' part...but I do pray he does well.
I don't know what it is about the magic of the changing table, but it seems that all babies love it there, but get so frustrated everywhere else! Sometimes when Lo would really be screaming I would just put her there and play and talk to her. (never even changing her diaper!)

And yes, it does go fast, I am still in shock she is 5 months old!! Enjoy every second you can, and remember this is just a season you all are going through the good and the bad.

Jen Carter said...

What an adorable little guy!! Loved the video!

Yvonne said...

Breeson you are precious! Grandma loves to hear you talk. I listen to you over and over again and I get others to listen to you, too.
I am proud of you! You are a good boy to go to bed so promply also.
Keep up the good work!! I love you.