7.17.2009

It's Friday

Last night it took Breeson 45 minutes exactly to cry himself to sleep. We cut down the time by 20+ minutes. So I guess that's progress, right?
It was still hard, but not as hard as the first night. Jamie made a good point the other night: We could either be holding him and he'd still be crying, or we'd let him stay in his crib and cry it out, all in the hopes of him going to sleep. I guess this way, we're killing two birds with one stone - teaching him to go to bed on his own, and I can get stuff done around the house. Is that horrible to think that way?

Work this week has been SLOW. Monday was my first full day back to work. At one point during the day, I actually thought it was Friday. :( Not good. Other than that, it's been pretty good. Being on a diet and going back to work hasn't been easy. There's too many "goodies" laying around the office and in the break room. Self control, Joy, self control.

Jamie's had a full week of being Mr. Mom. Whenever I call/text him during the day, he seems to be in pretty high spirits. The nice thing is, the daytime is Breeson's best time. So I'm thankful for that.

Other than that...not much to update. This weekend my cousin Tiffany is coming to visit us. Then on Sunday I'll get to visit an old college friend/roommate, Kristy, who is in town visiting her fiancee.

No comments: