8.13.2009

Saving Money!!!

I bought $110 worth of gift certificates to different restaurants Jamie and I like to frequent thru www.restaurant.com for a TOTAL of $9. How, you might ask?? I was browsing thru a blog I like to read here and there when I noticed a post about saving money.
The tip was that thru today (August 13th), they will drop 80% of the cost at the Checkout.
The way Restaurant.com works is, a $25 Gift Certificate to a restaurant only costs you $10. Which is in itself a great deal. They have other variations ($10 gift certificate for $4, or $50 gift certificate for $20, etc...). Thru today, when you type in "PORTION" when you checkout, they automatically discount the certificate by 80%!!!! So for one particular restaurant, I got a $25 gift certificate for $10, but then with the added discount, it went down to $2. The only catch is, you have to use it within the year of purchasing it, and the minimum order has to be $35. But with the certificate only costing $2 and the $10 difference, we're still saving a lot of $$moo-lah$$
YEAH for savings.

(also see new post below...)

No comments: