7.06.2010

Quick Updates...

  • Well, I finally got my plate of cookies from a neighbor welcoming us into the neighborhood. For a few weeks I had been sulking that no one brought us any. I guess I had assumed and fantasized that everyone would be rushing over to our house when the Uhaul was in the front yard. Jamie reassured me that we don't live in Whitewater (aka Mayberry). Unfortunately, all of our neighbors steered clear until a good week later, then slowly, one by one, our neighbors are starting to come around. Thus far, we have some really nice neighbors! Anyways, the other night I was on my way home from the park w/ Breeson and some neighbors down the street stopped me b/c she had already tried to come over w/ a plate of cookies. I was pretty excited, to say the least. :)
  • I haven't taken any more pic's of the house lately. I'll try and get some this weekend b/c we're having our Housewarming Party on Sunday afternoon. Which means, the house will be clean, and I'll have more stuff on the wall. That in itself has been a bit of pain. Since our house is old, all of the walls are plaster, which means when you hammer a nail in the wall, it only bends and makes a larger whole in the wall. :( So I've had to find other alternatives to hanging stuff on the walls. It makes me nervous though b/c a lot of times sticky stuff eventually becomes unsticky. And I don't want my pic's/frames to break. Plus, you know that kind of stuff only falls in the middle of the night!! So, all that to say, we're getting closer to being a little more settled in.
  • Well, I'm officially Unemployed now. As you may (may not?) know, my job at DFN ended May 31st, due to them moving the main office to D.C. For the month of June I took a temp job at my previous job at a Medical Office. But that ended last Friday. So now, I've been (somewhat) looking for a part time job. I must say, even though it's only been a couple days, I'm kinda ready to work again. I've been working full time for few years now and to all of a sudden be home all day w/ the kid...well it's an adjustment, that's for sure. Once I get settled into a part time job, I hope to get involved with some type of Mom's day out/group or something. We'll see...
  • Breeson's 13 months now. He's working on several teeth now, including some molars. Fun times. He has his good days and bad days. Lately, he's been more picky with his food. I'm a bad mom and don't even try giving him many veggies, b/c he only refuses them. If he could, he would survive on fruit alone. He doesn't like playing in a room by himself. I was hoping when we moved here he would begin to play in his room, thus keeping the mess/toys in his room - wrong! His vocab isn't that big. I'm shocked at some of my friends' babies who are close in age to Breeson who are saying so much more. So I'm trying not to compare him. You can tell he is trying to say words after us though, so I'm sure it'll come soon. He LOVES watching his Veggies Tales and Backyardigans movies.
Well, that's about it for now. I'll try and get some pic's up this weekend...

2 comments:

Mae said...

can't wait to see house pic's! So glad y'all are doing well and getting settled in :)

steve, kate, annelise and joseph said...

I'm so excited for you guys...from the pictures I've seen you house is beautifully quaint! :)
In regards to Breeson's vocabulary, definitely do not compare him to other kids his age. My sister did not really speak for the LONGEST time, and my mom was a little concerned...but then one day - out of nowhere she started talking in FULL sentences! So...I'm guessing Breeson's mind is just taking it all in and one day you will be quite surprised to find him talking up a storm :)
Love and miss you, dear friend ~ Katy