7.19.2010

So disappointing

This afternoon I decided to take B to the pool close to our house at a nearby park. It's pretty cool b/c they have a baby pool separate from the "big kid" pool. So, I packed him up, lathered him with sunscreen, changed his diaper and then got myself ready. I had to then blow up his floaty and get his diaper bag ready. We finally got out the door and we drove to the park. After we went to the bathroom and I checked his diaper one more time (no I haven't bought the swim diapers yet), we finally got to the poolside.
I was lucky b/c the girl didn't end up charging me the $3.50 for me to get in b/c I didn't have cash on me (they don't take debit). Which I am glad b/c...right as Breeson and I were (LITERALLY) about to put my foot in the pool, the lifeguard yells, "Lightning - pool closed". Oh man, talk about disappointing. I think I was more sad than the kids. I was really looking forward to sitting in it and cooling off. Plus, I knew B would have a lot of fun splashing around and watching the other kids.

One thing I am really thankful for, is that he doesn't realize what he was missed out on today. I know there will be a day when he won't understand why he can't swim and I'll have to deal w/ a crying child b/c he doesn't want to leave. But today, I am glad he didn't understand and that he didn't mind when I put him back in the carseat to drive back home.

No comments: