7.13.2010

Who writes these??

I bought Breeson a book of "favorite bedtime rhymes" today at Walmart (thanks to his Auntie sending him belated bday money), but I think I'm going to take it back and get something different.
I read it and was like, "really?"
Here's an example...

Goosey, Goosey, Gander

Goosey, Goosey, Gander
Whither shall I wander?
Upstairs and downstairs,
And in my lady's chamber.

There I met an old man,
Who wouldn't say his prayers,
I took him by the left leg,
And threw him down the stairs.

**it was the last 2 lines that really got me on this one.

Girls and Boys, Come Out to Play

Girls and boys,
come out to play,
The moon is shining
as bright as day,
Leave your supper
and leave your sleep,
And come with your playfellows
into the street.

**is this teaching kids to go out and play on the street at night?

And then we all know "Rock-a-Bye, Baby" and how awful that is.

So that's my soapbox. I think I need to start writing fun, uplifting nursery rhymes. However, it's hard to change history now.

In other news...
I got a great deal on a loveseat via Craigslist ($60 to be exact!!). Because the layout upstairs is limited we had to put our Family room/Living room downstairs. So the only thing to sit on upstairs is the dining room chairs and bar stools. Not very comfortable!
Typically I'm a big skeptic on buying couches from previous owners. But this guy was selling it from his vacation home that wasn't used very often and it was from a smoke-free home. He said he had a small dog, but it was never allowed on the couch. Everything looks great on it and it has no smell! So all that to say, we have a loveseat in our front room now!

No comments: