1.16.2011

Egg in the Nest

Today Kristy and I co-hosted a baby shower for our friends, Joe and Becca. We had a lot of fun planning it. We did a Nesting Theme. I ordered the invites via Etsy.com. You can check it out here.
Here we are with the mommy-to-be. (and no, Kristy and I did not plan on wearing the same color of shirt!! - it goes to show how much we have some of the same tastes)
I made the Bird Mobile. I had help from Kandyce. I about lost it when I tried sewing the birds on the sticks. That was the hardest part.


I should've taken close-up of these cupcakes. Kristy toasted the coconut to make the nests. They turned out super cute!!

Apparently I should've used a flash. If you can't see it, it reads "Welcome to the Nest"

Oh, and I did I mention it was a couples' shower?? We incorporated a fun game for the guys!!
The winner: Tim
The girls had to change a baby's diaper blind folded. Those who already had babies were not allowed to participate.
The winner: Kelli
And here's our husbands, Jamie, Joe (soon to be dad) and Ryan (Kristy's husband)
Oh, and here was our party favors. Cake balls. They were pretty easy to make. Originally the thought was to make them in the shape of an egg - but that idea didn't last long when I started making them.
Here is the first (and maybe last) bird mobile I made. In the end, I am happy with how it turned out, and Becca liked it too!
I also made this for the front door and then sent it home with Becca. I used the scraps from the flag banner.

1 comment:

The Boccias said...

Such a cute shower! Good job. How fun that you get to hang out with Kristy, too!