1.29.2011

I'm going to start...I promise!!

So I did end up going to the thrift store Wednesday afternoon. I got a LOT of stuff all for under $30!! However, now I have several more projects to start and I'm not sure how/when they're all going to get done. If you remember from this post, I already had some things I needed to get done. But, deals are deals. It's hard to pass them up when they're so cheap. I went to Savers, which is typically tons cheaper than Goodwill (don't even get me started on when prices are higher at a thrift store than they are at a new store!!).

So here's my loot from Wednesday...

I plan to put these in one or both of the kids' bedrooms after I repaint/label them.
I'll keep them as they are until I know for sure of how I want to use them.

I got this cool chair for $3.99!! I plan to restain/paint it and then re-upholster it.
I was the most excited about this find!! Plus, it's in great condition and is very sturdy.
Not sure if it's solid wood though?

I got this lamp for pretty cheap too. I may recover the shade. We'll see?
It depends on what color I repaint/spray paint the lamp.

As for this...I'm in the middle of (actually) redoing this - can you believe it!?
Pic's to come soon on the finished project...
Plus, I got a cool jar and also got B some gently used books to help build his library. Great deals that day!!

But, I am now banned from the thrift store. And I actually did it to myself - without my husbands enforcement. I really need to get the stuff done here before I take on new projects. I don't want to be one of those people who "plan" to start stuff and never do it. Or, start it and never finish it (you know who you are!!)
Besides, apart from these remake projects, I still have a lot stuff that needs done around our house - not to even mention our normal daily stuff (laundry, vacuuming/sweeping, dishes, etc).

No comments: