1.11.2011

A few projects

I've got a few projects lined up. A few weeks back, I found this table at Goodwill and talked the guy down to like $12. I'm thinking of repainting it rather than staining it - but I go back and forth. I'm not even sure where I'm going to put it, considering how small our house is.
I did buy some paint on sale at Lowe's the other day. For now, it's being used as the TV stand until we re-situate our house after we get our egress window in downstairs.




This little project Jamie made. I'm so proud of his handy work. I think he said it's the first shelf he built. ?? I got him power tools for Christmas so this is what he made. What's funny about it is, we used wood from a futon we used to have in the guest bedroom. Right now, it still needs sanded and painted. It's obviously a book shelf for Breeson, so once I decide what his new room will be painted, then I'll figure out what I want this to be painted. I was originally going to stain this, but since kids' furniture changes so much (their beds), I don't want to have different colors of stains in there either. So I'll probly paint it a color that will blend with other things.

I'm so excited about my new sewing machine I got for Christmas. Although I'm not a great sewer by any means, I hope to save some $$ to make my own curtains and stuff around the house. I already know of several things I want to make with it as Christmas gifts for next year. I've already used it to finish up some birds for a friends' baby shower that I'm co-hosting with a friend this Sunday. I'll post pic's of the final product once it's done. Thanks to Kandyce for showing me how to do this.



1 comment:

kkp said...

welcome!!

hilarious that you took the futon apart. :)