1.26.2011

Hump Day

Hump Day = not very eventful.
Jamie is at work and we're just hanging out.

Today, Breeson put money in his (hokey, home-made) "piggy bank":
Did some crafts/coloring:
and played with some play dough:

This year, I decided I wanted to try and (somewhat) decorate for each holiday.
Probably sticking with more of the major holidays.
I'll probably skip over St. Patty's Day and go straight to Easter. ??
We'll see...

I decided to use some of my leftover burlap to make a Valentine's Day flag pendant:



Although you can't see these pic's very well, they are symbols of our love:
(the one of Jamie & I is one of our engagement photos and the other is of course our hands with Breeson's feet when he was first born. And the letter is a copy of a journal entry on Jamie and I's first Valentine's Day - which would've been dated in 2007):

Well that's about it for us on this uneventful hump day. Monday's and Wednesday's are my day off. Usually Breeson and I go out and do our errands on those days. We may still get out of the house a bit today and run to the thrift store. We bought a glider w/ ottoman this time around. We got a great deal from a guy on Craigs List. For Breeson we had an over stuffed rocker, but the back wasn't very high and it hurt my neck when I fell asleep in it. So if you know of anyone needing a rocker...let me know:Plus, we're trying to sell our couch. We have a large futon upstairs that will be the main couch. Not very far from now, we will be doing a lot of switching rooms up. The entire basement will become Jamie and I's master bedroom (waiting to get the e-gress window in), the office will be the baby's room, our old room will become Breeson's room, and the family room will be B's old room. I'm kinda ready for all that to be done already, but I'm excited for the change and the repainting/decorating/organizing I get to do.
Jamie likes to call that "nesting". ;-)


No comments: