3.05.2011

a few Before & After's...

I finally got around to cleaning up(some of) our mess from moving rooms around last weekend. I've still got some things to do to B's room before I show those. As you know, we have a small house and our family is growing - which means we have/are doing a lot of readjusting in order to prepare for him/her's arrival in May. We've all switched to different rooms, so we are still getting settled. Enough said, here's what we did...

Jamie and I moved to the basement - the entire space is our master bedroom, and the adjoining room (currently the office/guest room) will be the baby's room - pic's to come on that when we get around to fixing it up.

Here is the basement before:
(sorry for the small pic?)
Jamie doing some handyman/remodeling in preparation of us moving downstairs:
and After:
(we also painted everything - it's light gray (an "oops" bucket at Home Depot for only $5!!)


(the door on the right goes into the baby's room)


And here is B's old room, which has now been converted into our den/(very small) family room.
Before:

and After:

**notice the covered futon instead of our red sectional. We had to sell it b/c it wouldn't fit(insert sad face) and was not functional. Since this room now has to serve as 2 functions: family room/guest room, we sold the red couch, and some friends gave us this futon. It's actually pretty comfy - they've had guests tell them they've slept well on it. So if you get the privilege of sleeping on it, let us know what you think! Anyways, I plan to actually try and reupholster it using that cloth. Right now it's a cream colored with a lot of spots.

I probably won't repaint the room either. I'm kinda done with that right now. Nor do I plan to paint B's room that he moved into (our old room). It is what it is.

****************

A quick update on B sleeping in his big boy bed, it's actually gone okay. Last night when I told him he got to sleep in it instead of the crib (b/c as I explain to him "the crib is for the baby"), he seemed pretty pleased and jumped right in. He did not have any issues with going to sleep and staying in it. I did have to get up a few times with him during the night, but even then he never got out. It's not uncommon for him to occasionally wake up during the night, but when he was in the crib, we would (usually) make him cry it out. But since I wasn't sure what he would do, I got up with him. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep, but I think I was more worked up about him sleeping in the bed than he was to adjusting to it. :)
Nap time today was great!!
I definitely think day care has played a big part in this. They sleep on cots there and they are not allowed to get up until a certain time.
Tonight, I plan to sleep in my own bed (instead of the couch) and we'll just keep the monitor on. I think he'll be fine, I just hate the thought of getting up/down to put him back in bed if he gets out. But...I raise my glass to change. It's all part of the process of helping him grow up. And I'm glad we're doing this now, rather than after the baby's here.

3 comments:

The Boccias said...

Wow, you guys have been hard at work! Your pictures make me tired. :) Everything looks great. Go Breeson and GO MAMA with the big bed transition!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mae said...

WOW looks great Joy (and Jamie) =)