3.23.2011

An ode to the hubs

Today is my hubby's birthday. I won't say how young he turned.
Unfortunately, he had to work today - but Breeson and I met him at work when he got off and ran to the store afterward. He misplaced his wedding band a month or two back and we went to look at getting it replaced. But, we didn't find what we were looking for today.
That was part of his bday gift. His other part was a gift certificate to play golf - one of his favorite things to do, but sadly does not get to do it often enough.

I quickly made him a birthday banner (don't judge, it was late when I made it and I had to be quiet and was limited on my supplies).


For his birthday meal, I made salad, shrimp fettuccine alfredo, toast, and green beans. Since we both gave up desserts for lent, I didn't want to make a big cake since we wouldn't want to have leftovers to tempt us. So, I went to the store and bought individual pieces of cake from the bakery. They were actually very yummy!!
Tomorrow night we'll continue to celebrate his bday w/ friends at a Japanese steakhouse. Yum!




I have been blessed beyond measure with a wonderful husband, friend, and father to my kid(s). I look forward to many, many, more birthdays with this man...

Oh, and in case you were wondering...he did get to open the special envelope (see post below) for his birthday!! But you'll have to stay tuned for at least another day...or two. :)

No comments: