5.21.2009

Full Term

Well...we've made it full term (40 weeks). It's been a good road, but let's be honest, we're are ready to meet you "Pat". COME OUT!!!!
We went to the doctor today for our last visit. We never thought we would make it this far. I know that I had false hopes that it would come early, which doesn't make it any easier.
Thankfully though, God has blessed us with a pretty easy pregnancy; I am very thankful for that. The doc measured me at 36-37 weeks, so that was reassuring that it's not a huge baby!
If "Pat" doesn't arrive before next Thursday, we are scheduled to induce at 7:30 a.m.
It's good to know there's an end in sight. The doc did say that b/c it seems that both me and the baby are pretty healthy, they would not be opposed to letting me go another week (2 weeks overdue). But at this point, I don't think that seems like an option. She's giving me the option though if I don't want to be induced. But either way...there's not really any guarantee that if we wait another week that he/she will come on his/her own. So...I say we stick to the induction date. :) We are very excited to meet our little one.
Thanks to everyone for your prayers, thoughts and words of encouragement. We can't wait for "Pat" to meet all of you.

No comments: