5.10.2009

***Mother's Day. I am so thankful for my mom, as well as Jamie's mom. We're so blessed to have mom's who love, support, and encourage us. They truly are a blessing! Both are wonderful Grandmother's, and we're thankful for that b/c we know our baby will be smothered with love! Although "Pat" won't get to see his/her Grandmother very often, distance won't matter in regards to how much they care for him/her.

I hope to be as good as a mother as my mom was to me. Even when she washed my mouth out with soap, or gave me spankings, I know she always did it b/c she loved me. She didn't want to see me do things I wasn't supposed to do. My mom also had a gentle heart and always desired for me and my siblings walk with God; she still does. I know she prays for her children, and now grandchildren often. I hope to be as strong of a prayer warrior as she is.
Here's to you mom - I LOVE YOU!!

***Ever since we found out we were pregnant, I've been wanting a jogging stroller. I hope it will be a good incentive to keep working out after "Pat" arrives. Almost every time I went to the store, I'd look at one - dreaming! As most of you mom's know, they're not cheap. So we've been holding out. I found a few at the thrift stores, but they were always dirty and the brakes never worked.
Well yesterday I went to several garage sales in search of a dresser for the baby's room. Instead, I found a bargain I wasn't expecting to find - a jogging stroller!! The lady who was selling it barely used it. Plus, she kept it in good, clean condition. And on top of all of that, everything works. I was so excited! So...now I have no excuse to be lazy, post baby. :-) Keep me accountable.

2 comments:

Mae said...

yay for a jogging stroller! that is the one thing i asked for when we found out i was pregnant! I can't wait to get mine :) love yours!

The Boccias said...

Congrats on the new stroller! I think Julie likes hers; it's even good out in the country. :) Happy Mother's Day to you, too! Can't wait to hear BABY NEWS!!