5.09.2009

I went to the doctor yesterday for my usual weekly F/U. Nothing new. I'm still dilated at 1 cm and over 70% effaced. Contractions have been steady and regular. The baby's head is VERY low though. When I told the doc she was like "okay", but when she did the exam, she was shocked! I was like "I told you so" (at least that's what I was thinking in my head!) So we'll continue to wait...

We're getting together with dear friends this weekend, as well as heading back to our old church. So there's part of me that doesn't want the baby to come until after the weekend. Yet, I'm SOOO ready to have this kid!!

Jamie's hiking today with his Spiritual Formation group from Denver Seminary. If anything were to happen while he's out, I may be calling one of you (Deena!) to come pick me up and take me to the hospital!! I forgot to mention that to you when you were over the other night. Oops. :)

Sleeping has been horrible lately. I am constantly dreaming I'm going into labor. I'm so disappointed when I wake up and realize it's not true.

I am in search of a black dresser to be used as a changing table. I think I'm going to hit some garage sales today. Hope I find something. We don't necessarily want an actual changing table b/c I want to be able to use it for other things in the future. But, at this point, i'm not too picky - I'll probly take what I can find. I prefer to find a black one, just so it'll match the crib. Maybe it doesn't really matter in the end.

If we end up driving to MS and AL in June, we're thinking about swinging by the camp I grew up going to in Arkansas. I'd love for Jamie to see where I spent a strong majority of my summer's, as well as where my walk with Christ really began. Although I dread the LONG drive to and from Colorado, it'd be a fun road trip w/ my family. Plus, more of my side of the family will be able to see the baby as well. So we'll see...it all depends on when "Pat" decides to make his/her entrance into the world.
See, the baby is already controlling our lives!! Ahhhh.

No comments: